Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Covert advertising

I wonder whether the Telegraph Group (publishers of the Daily and Sunday Telegraph) are getting payments from cigarette manufacturers in a sort of covert advertising way (perhaps it's allowed?). Before cigarette advertising was banned they always used to have their ads on the back cover of the magazine. I have noticed now that a high proportion of the celebrity interviews that are featured in the Saturday magazine particularly always mention that the celebrity in question has 'just lit up a Marlboro Light', or that they 'smoke Marlboro Lights'. Hardly necessary for the integrity of the article, so I just wondered whether they are actually getting paid to include it?! Ooh, is that slander? I hope not! Also, if they have a celeb on the front cover they do often seem to be smoking as well. I don't care if they smoke - they can do what they like - but I don't think it should be promoted and associated with 'cool' people in such a blatant way. Don't want to influence impressionable young folk!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll right away snatch your rss as I can not in finding
your e-mail subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service.
Do you have any? Kindly let me understand in order that I may
just subscribe. Thanks.

Feel free to visit my web blog: purchase tractors

18/10/14 6:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home