Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Cookies and stuff

Today I have mostly been doing not much. I just made the most amazing banana milkshake ever. And have been pottering on the computer. But apart from that, zilcho (is that a real word? I doubt it).

Anyway, another recipe that I really like... Phoebe's Fabulous Oatmeal Raisin Cookies! I wanted to make oatmeal raisin cookies cos they're my favourite (at the moment) and I found this recipe in loads of places, including the blog a Spoonful of Sugar. I took the recipe from there. It's originally from 'Cooking with Friends' apparently. I made a couple of additions to the recipe.

Phoebe's Fabulous Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

175g butter
160g firmly packed light brown sugar
130g white sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract (and don't ever lick the spoon by mistake - it tastes disgusting!)
170g rolled oats
160g plain flour
¾ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp bicardonate of soda
1 tsp cinnamon (my addition)
A pinch of salt
200g raisins (or mix up the dried fruit for variations - I did raisins and dried cranberries the other day)
Milk to bind (also my addition)

Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F, or bottom of top over in the Aga, or Gas Mark 5 apparently).

Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.

In a separate bowl mix up the oats, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt. Pour into the butter/sugar mixture and mix together. Then add the raisins. You might also need to add a bit of milk to make the mixture a bit more sticky.

Make walnut sized (ish) dough balls and put onto an ungreased baking sheet with 2" spaces between the balls.

Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet for a little while before transferring to a rack.

Mine were a little bit crunchy round the edges and quite soft in the middle and tasted just as good the next day. Yummy. Oh, and no photo again. I am rubbish. They did look a lot like the ones on a Spoonful of Sugar though. Honest.

Other stuff:
* Bracken and baby Beetle are still cute (Bracken is mum's fluffy lawnmower, Beetle is her first foal). Here's an arty photo of them...


* Lottie and Tag the wire-haired fox terriers are still cute (Tag is Lottie's mum, I think she's feeling her age a bit as we had to pull her out of the river the other day when we took them to cool off). Here's a picture of them at the river...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home