Friday, October 07, 2005

FRUSTRATING

I am really annoyed with myself today. I'm even annoying myself now. I am sooo unproductive at work at the moment. I need to be physically banned from looking at or writing emails. And I need to just sort out my work. I have had too many bad days of NOTHING. It is getting really bad now. I just can't seem to help it. I am so easily distracted it is untrue.

On another note, but still on work avoidance, one of my colleagues sent me this link to and article about the 50th anniversary of the World Press Photo Foundation's annual photo competition. The photos and the stories behind the photos made me cry. I am so stupidly emotional sometimes. My mum told me a story the other day about when I was about 18-months old and watching a programme about these little monkeys in a house and there was one little monkey left all by itself, and apparently she came in the room and I was sitting there with tears streaming down my face! Obviously a very empathetic child.

2 Comments:

Blogger Simon John Parkin said...

That's a great photo. Horrific but really powerful. It just shows the power of a good photo. Like the images of Ethiopia in the Eighties provoking people to action.

I used to cry to Puff the Magic Dragon. And Old Mother Hubbard (the poor doggy had no food - that Old Mother Hubbard neglected it and wants reporting!). A dog-owner in the making.

7/10/05 4:34 pm  
Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

Lassie got me every week.

7/10/05 5:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home