Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Boredom

Today I am bored. I read an article in The Guardian on Saturday about being bored. It's a modern affliction. Well, ish. Some of the writing in the article was a bit poncy for me, but it was interesting, especially considering my current state of being-at-home-ness and having no job. Although I will be doing three days a week freelance PR for five weeks starting on Monday. I'm kind of looking forward to it. At least I won't have to be thinking of something to keep me busy, it'll be there for me on a plate.

I'm bored, because everyone else is busy. All my friends are busy. I was writing in my diary in Mozambique about how life goes on. People say they'll miss you, which is a nice thing to say. But generally they don't, because modern life is too busy. And you might have moments of boredom. But there's always something to do. And so life goes on. And you forget about people. Or at least momentarily. And it's never really the same again.

To completely distract from that moment of 'melancholy', here is another cute photo of Beetle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home