Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year

Not that it's been a particularly happy one for me thus far... I have been a fool again re: boys. It always happens. Beginning to think there is something wrong with me! Am I really ugly? Or really horrible? Or really stupid? I think I'm ok. Oh well, fingers crossed 2006 will be a better year...

So, the plan for 2006. There are lots of things I need to decide about my life. And I'll probably decide nothing. I didn't last year.

The vague 'over-arching' resolutions are:

1. Be strong (in mind)
2. Stay fit (get fitter)
3. Drink lots of water (to stay young looking!)
4. Be positive and optimistic

Things I want to do (possibly) or sort out:

1. Actually write the text for the children's books I've been thinking about for months
2. Write the synopsis for the 'Place Called Victoria' TV documentary to sell-in with Mille in May
3. Start my first ever screenplay, i.e. get beyond the initial idea and actually start writing it! However bad it might be... got to start somewhere!
4. Start my own website - e-commerce or otherwise
5. Work out what I actually want to do - or at least sort out my 'career', cos it's not going anywhere at the moment
6. Have regular facials! Ooh, and do a reflexology or Indian head massage course...
7. Find a man of my own.

That'll do for now. At least I've written something down so I can read it back. If I remember, I'll keep this blog updated with progress. Just for me to read again. I can't imagine anyone actually reads this.

8 Comments:

Blogger Simon John Parkin said...

Hey, some people read it! Nosey git that I am! Good luck with those resolutions. Happy NEw YEar.

3/1/06 11:24 am  
Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

Yay! Thanks lurchyboy...

3/1/06 12:39 pm  
Blogger Simon John Parkin said...

Does resolution no.7 mean that you recently found someone else's man? Sorry - I told you I'm nosey!

3/1/06 5:06 pm  
Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

not exactly! but someone without excess baggage i think i meant.

3/1/06 6:39 pm  
Blogger Simon John Parkin said...

Hmmm, I think everyone of a certain age has baggage, it's how you deal with that baggage that counts. x

4/1/06 3:29 pm  
Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

currently, not very well. i need to understand to deal with something, which means i need to be told. and that hasn't happened...

4/1/06 3:57 pm  
Blogger Simon John Parkin said...

hmmm, well, that's a bugger. I had an ex who still had feelings towards her ex, it's not a nice situation, it takes up all your energy and clouds your judgement. Boooo to baggage!

4/1/06 4:13 pm  
Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

yes, boo to baggage! especially secret baggage.

4/1/06 5:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home